Hello! Long time no see. As you can tell, there have been some big changes going on behind the scenes here. After a few weeks toiling away offline, I’m so happy to welcome you to the new look and feel of Wandering Spice!
It is wonderful to be back and I have so much in store for you, including newly discovered family recipes, East-West experiments, and even some Middle Eastern-inspired health and home ideas. It’s going to be a very good year.
I’ll have a fresh post up for you tomorrow (my grandmother’s Vanilla-Rose Rice Pudding) but until then, here is a list of new features to discover.
- A brand new, photo-filled Recipe Index. Search for recipes by categories like Mezze/Small Plates, Main Dishes and Sweets. Looking for a recipe using certain ingredients? Just type into the new Search box in the right sidebar ——->
- Fully printable recipes in each post, with the option to save your favorites and create shopping lists
- Updated items on the Middle Eastern Pantry page. Learn how to fully stock your kitchen to make authentic Arabic dishes easily at home
- A peek into our farming adventures on The Kitchen Garden page. Look out for new features on growing your own produce (even on an urban balcony), how to live more sustainably, and tips for getting the most out of your seasonal fruits and vegetables, coming soon.
- Customized social media icons, so we can keep in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
- Enter your e-mail address into the blue Newsletter box in the right sidebar to have new posts delivered directly to your inbox
- Look back on readers’ favorites in the Featured section to the right
A big thank you to the wonderful Shay Bocks who not only translated Wandering Spice from Blogger to WordPress, but answered my never ending questions so sweetly and brought my design and practical vision to life. She deserves a medal.
Please bear with me over the next few days as I continue to re-format older posts and work through the inevitable “technical difficulties” that come after moves like these. Some of the comments are a little wonky, but I’m getting there! See anything that looks a little off? Don’t hesitate to let me know.
And of course, feel free to share Wandering Spice with your food loving friends and family! Thanks for your support and lets get started.