Emerging Writers Festival 2014

EWF 2014

EWF 2014

I’m excited to let you know that in just a few short weeks, I’ll be speaking on a panel about food writing as part of Emerging Writers Festival, alongside my friends and great food writers Lauren, Adrian and Kylie.

We’ll be cozied up at Kinfolk cafe, talking all things tastes, flavors and storytelling on 28 May.

Tickets are $15 and include not just great food conversation but coffee and cake at one of Melbourne’s most beloved social enterprises.

You can book tickets here – I’d love to see you there!

• Reply Winston 20/05/2014 at 9:08 pm

Wahhhhh Kinfolk is SO close to where I am seriously wish I could make it but it’s Mum’s last few days in Melbourne so think it’s best to spend time with her before she heads back. I’m so glad they chose you guys to be on the panel, am sure you guys have got so much inspiring nuggets of wisdom to share. Have fun!

• Reply David 12/05/2014 at 11:38 pm

This sounds so fantastic – I wish I could be there! Enjoy! (And then get some rest! 😉

• Reply Yasmeen 13/05/2014 at 9:26 am

Rest? What’s that?

• Reply David 13/05/2014 at 11:32 am

Rest. A four-letter word, especially to bloggers. I have to say, most of the bloggers I know are the busiest people in my life, yet they manage to get so much done! I know someone who is unemployed and she can’t manage to respond to email! :) Well, regardless, I hope you get some after the festival! xo

• Reply Yasmeen 15/05/2014 at 9:51 am

Blogging does take up a lot of time – but it’s great time :) I balance this ‘job’ with full-time work at Melbourne Writers Festival, which is getting busier by the day. Might explain some of the small moments of silence around here…

• Reply Fatemah Alhusayni 11/05/2014 at 2:22 am

That’s really exciting. I really wish I can be there. I can use some advice on food writing. Wish you all the best.

• Reply Yasmeen 13/05/2014 at 9:25 am

Thanks Fatemah! It’s a great opportunity and I’m glad to be sharing the stage with some great writers and friends.

• Reply Hannah 10/05/2014 at 10:20 am

I’d love to be there! It hurts my heart in the hurting-heart place that I’m on the wrong side of the world.

• Reply Yasmeen 13/05/2014 at 9:22 am

But you’ll be back soon enough! :)

• Reply Jennifer @ Delicious Everyday 09/05/2014 at 6:42 am

What a great event Yas!! I wish I could be there. Best of luck with your talk 😀

• Reply Yasmeen 09/05/2014 at 9:03 am

Thanks Jennifer! I’m really looking forward to it. Feeling very fortunate to be involved with EWF this year and also programming Melbourne WF as well.